Georgia Family Connection Partnership
Communities in Georgia strive to improve the quality of life for their children and families through collaboration. Georgia Family Connection, a statewide network of 159 county collaborative organizations, drives that collaboration.
The goal is for kids to be healthy, ready to start school and do well when they get there, and for our families to be stable and self-sufficient. GA FCP has been making that happen for more than 20 years.
Each of the collaboratives serve as the local decision-making body in its county, bringing community partners together to develop, implement, and evaluate plans that address the serious challenges facing Georgia's children and families.
- Sharon Williamson, Chair, DFCS, Retired Director
- Carolyn Reynolds, Vice Chair, Wilkes Community Partnership, Retired Ex. Director
- Margaret K. Barnett, Secretary, Wilkes County BOE, Retired Teacher
- Polly Fievet, Treasurer, Athens Technical College, Retired Instructor
- Vivian W. Walker, Housing Authority, Director
- Blake Thompson, EMT, Director
- Ruby Avery, Wilkes County BOE, Retired Teacher
- Myra Heath, Wilkes County BOE, Retired Teacher
- Alvin Jones, Retired Military, Entrepreneur